Thursday, May 7, 2009

entry 9

This Alzheimer's thing is very confusing. This past week it seems as if my mom's memory has been better. The weather here has been great and so she walks Bear more often. Mom gets dragged around everywhere I go. She wants to go with me but will sit in the car when we get to our destination. Yesterday Alicia, Chaia, mom and me went to run a few errands. Chaia is such a character. She kept calling grandma over and over. I answered her over and over until I figured out she was calling my mom. We all laughed. I said to Chaia lets call grandma "BABS" that's what Uncle Quinny calls her. She laughed and laughed and repeated "BABS" over and over. Let's go to "Bab's" house. I think the whole shopping experience drove my mom nuts. Chaia never stops talking (unless asleep). While we were at Ikea Chaia's shoe rubbed a blister on her foot. She is very dramatic! "My booboo, my owee". This went on for a some time while we waited for Alicia. When we got back in the truck to leave Chaia said "Weesha, my booboo hurts".

We got home, patched up Chaia, Natalie and Jaxon arrived, my mom went in her room, shut the door and waited until everyone was gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment