Sunday, May 3, 2009

entry 7







These are some of mom's favorite things.

We got mom this dresser from Ikea. It took John about 2 1/2 hours to put the whole thing together (that's how Ikea keeps cost low). She really loves the way it looks in her room. Mom especially loves the bust of Christ that's on top. The pictures of Christ she received for her birthday are comforting to her as well.

Now for her real love...Mom found these buns, Mrs. Freshley's Honey Buns at the dollar store. I don't usually buy food there but she saw the box and wanted to try them and bought 4 boxes (only $4). After trying one she said they were great. I was surprised so I tried one myself. They were really good. Later that night I was having a snack attack so I thought I would have a honey bun but thought to stop to look at the calories on the box. The entire box was eaten and another box opened. I checked the calories on the box - Calories 210 from fat 90% - yikes! I haven't had any more but mom, well that's a different story. I think she's eaten at least 10 boxes. Last night Jackie came to take her to the Temple. They were literally walking out the door when mom bent down to say good bye to bear and couldn't because her skirt was too tight. Which lead to all of us laughing which lead to another problem (if you know mom you know when she laughs she can't hold her urine). Realizing that she would never be able to sit in the skirt she headed back toward her room to change (that in itself is another post!). Bottom line... her weight is up, "weigh" up :)

1 comment:

  1. That makes me laugh about the honey buns!

    I'm glad you were able to get those beautiful paintings and the bust of Christ for her. I put the check in the mail yesterday. Sorry I was slow.

    ReplyDelete