Friday, September 18, 2009

entry 23

jackie, mom ,dad

Today, so far (8:30 AM) is the opposite of mom's good mood yesterday. She just figured out that my dad has gone back to VA and she feels duped. She's still with it enough to know that she should be with her husband (although she says she doesn't want to live with him) and wants to live in her home in VA. She didn't bring this subject up at all when he was here. The problem is that she can't really care for herself. She is crying and upset. When she gets this way you can't reason with her. Her biggest fear is that the stuff in her room , at home, (mainly her WATCHES) will be stolen. If you ask her why she wants to go back to VA it's because she has her big TVS and her watches. She doesn't know how much she forgets. She says it' s not fair to me and John for her to be put upon us. I told her that years ago when she asked me "who will care for me when I get old", I promised her I would.

Mom is so sensitive to this because her mother was put in a nursing home in Canada with dementia. It gets increasing difficult to see her be so sad and depressed.

1 comment:

  1. She told me she was going home w/ Dad several times, and the night before Dad was supposed to leave. Dad just turned to me and said, "It's done!" I said, "She wants to go home; she wants to be w/ You!" He then made it sound like I didn't want to "sacrifice" to be w/ her.

    Btw, it was not unanimous b/c I told Dad, Jon, & Quinn Sat. nite that I still thought she should go home (and have someone take care of her a little everyday). I told Dad it's worth the money.

    ReplyDelete