Thursday, April 30, 2009

entry 5

My mom's favorite things in the world are these animals. All day long she tells me how the cat sleeps on her bed and bear jumps on her lap and licks her face (If she only knew where that tongue had been) . Jackie took her to Provo last weekend and mom was adamant about leaving and going back home (my house) because she had to get back to her animals. "I worry about them when I am gone, they need me" and I need them"! Then mom told Jackie that she looks into bears big brown eyes and can see his sweet spirit. True he has a sweet personality but Jackie responded by saying "oh brother mom, you like those animals better than you like your own children"! They both laughed!

1 comment:

  1. So funny and so true. I had to encourage my kids not to be offended that she loved the pets more than them! I'm glad she takes such comfort in animals, though, for that seems to be one of the main sources of joy left to her.

    ReplyDelete