Friday, October 23, 2009

ENTRY 29 {be careful what you wish for}


You know that old saying "BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR"? Back in 2005 my mom and dad came for a visit. The main purpose of the visit was for my dad to Bless Jocelyn and Julian. {what sweet angels, would you agree?!}. Anyway, I quickly became very angry with my sister that visit because there were MOTAB concerts among other various religious activities which took time and attention away from "my time" with my parents. My agenda was to have my parents spend as much time with their gkids and great g kids. Needless to say my expectations were shattered and I was very hurt and upset with both my mom and sister. My mom was already experiencing signs of dementia that we really didn't recognize. Long story short... I wanted more time with my mom and for her to spend more time with my kids and great g kids. Who knew...4 short years later I would have her full time attention!!! The irony of life.

1 comment:

  1. I had wished that Mom & Dad would come to at least ONE Sp Wd & ONE concert, and that Mom would come to my ward at least ONE time (while well)!! I loved that day. Those pic's are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete