Tuesday, October 6, 2009

entry 27

Mom's wallet is old and falling apart. She has it stuffed with all kinds of expired cards, clothing tags and receipts. I told her we were going wallet shopping. We went to TJ Maxx (it's close). We found several wallets that she liked. Great, right? Not that easy. She wanted to arrange the wallets all over the counter so she could see which ones would fit all her stuff. Then She started taking things out of her old wallet and placing them in the new wallets. All the "new wallet inerds" were getting mixed up. She wouldn't, I should say couldn't make a decision. After about 30 minutes I said "this is making me crazy", we'll get a brown one for your brown purse and a black wallet for your black purse... In fact we can take them all home you can try them all . We can take back the wallets you don't like. With that settled we waited in line to pay.

The next morning we were getting ready to leave and I noticed that mom had all three wallets in her purse. They each had a couple of items in them. I quickly took out her old wallet. Made sure that she had what she needed in her Brown wallet and placed the black wallet in her black purse. She didn't even notice.

Next we went to Jiffy lube. She insisted on paying for my oil change since I drive her around everyday. She proudly took out her new wallet. Inside was the packaging material and little Crystal bag that keeps moisture out. I quickly took out the items and threw them in the garbage as she was taking out her AMEX card. With a pouty face she looked at me and then the kid helping us and said "she's throwing away all my GOODIES" .
We laughed!
Next... new purse

1 comment: