Wednesday, January 27, 2010

entry 37

Playing catch up!
I think I dread posting on this blog.  Most of the time it's kind of depressing...but here goes.

Today we {mom and me}went to the Alzheimer's Association. 
It was NOT happiness on mom's face when we drove up!!!
She freaked.
Why are we here?
Are you leaving me?
I'm not crazy!!!

Maybe it's not fair to mom because I rarely tell her where we are going.
She obsesses and worries and agitates.
if it's a trip...she will pack and unpack.

We met with the Alzheimer's therapist then went to a support group.
Usually the caregiver goes into the support group while the afflicted person goes into a cognitive learning session.

Mom sat with me this time and enjoyed it very much.
She, however, was unaware that she had the disease and was sympathizing with the others relating their weekly stories.

I'm so glad I don't have that disease, she said when leaving. 
Yes mom,  but I fear we may all be predisposed to getting it.
"Grandma died from it."

Really, I don't remember how my mother died or anything about her funeral.

Case in point.

No comments:

Post a Comment