Monday, November 9, 2009

entry 32

I need to be more patient. We have had a lot going on. I need to be more positive.

{Momisms}

An Alzheimer's commercial came on TV.

MOM: I'm sure glad I don't have that!

ME: Me, too!

MOM: Your dad took me to the Doctor to get me checked out a while ago. But I tricked those doctors. They asked me what floor we were on. I could see the sign so I knew it was the 4Th floor. I would have to go back for visits. I wrote down what they would ask me and memorized the months. I tricked them!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last week we took the kids to the dollar show to see ICE AGE (very cute). Now...my mom can sit in a chair for hours holding the dog and not move and inch BUT...she can not sit in a movie without fidgeting the entire time! (Alicia is my witness) I seriously was ready to scream. I am the biggest movie Nazi! Nothing bugs me more than someone talking, kicking my chair, chopping popcorn with their mouth open, cell phones, crackling candy wrappers ,babies too young to be in the movie theater-crying, fussing and parents do nothing! I'm just getting started.

Mistakes I made:


1) I gave mom a really crackly paper bag for her popcorn. She made more noise than the kids.

2) When she was done with the popcorn she fidgeted with the bag moving it from one chair to the next, checking to see if more popcorn was inside, wondering why she even had the bag in the first place.

3) She keeps a flashlight in her purse. It's battery powered. She turned it off and on during the movie to see if it still worked. She kept cranking the handle. I told her it was noisy and bothering other people-she said "too bad".

4) She fidgets with her purse pulling stuff in and out. She found a pen looking for her watch (she was sure she lost it). She held it up in the air and clicked it up and down and up and down like she'd never seen a pen before. She repeated this several times, it was strange!

5) I gave her a big drink...Right at the end of the movie she was fidgeting SO much I asked her what was wrong. I need to go to the bathroom, now! She can't go by herself . We missed the end of the movie.

Oh well, she had to potty train me once upon a time!

BUT...I'm sitting at the opposite end next movie!

3 comments:

  1. that is so sad about the commercial!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loosing ones mom is pain like no other no matter how the loosing occurs. Wether it's rather quickly or(perhaps more painful) more slowly, piece by piece day by day. I applaud you for taking on this tremendous task. You are an amazing woman. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I can say is you are earning wings...:)

    ReplyDelete