Friday, February 19, 2010

entry 41

This last week has been a difficult one.


Mom seems to have accepted that she has Alzheimer's.  
The realization  makes her very sad and she cries.

On another note...

We were driving around - I'm stopping and taking pictures of turquoise "things"
 {she likes doing this - "It's fun"}

And she says she feels a great sense of relief.

I ask what about, but she can't really verbalize her thoughts.

I press and she finally says that she's praying for relief from this affliction.

I suggest we get her exercising her mind and her body along with nutrition... 
and then she says the funniest thing...

WELL, I'm not going to do this all by myself!  

I laughed and say...WELL  if you don't exercise your mind no one 's going to do it for you, mother.

We laughed, together!



1 comment:

  1. My mother, who has late stage 6 Alzheimer's, is a turquoise nut also, even before her memory loss. I started blogging about our journey when I realized she was heading to final stage, with the agitation, some delusions, even stiffening like rigor mortis. A change from Seroquel was big improvement, now Ativan knocks back the anxiety.

    My blog is When Does the Glad Start. Been blogging (with photos as you do) since late January. Hope you'll read it. See also my videos at http://www.youtube.com/CarolJWright and AlzheimersCaregiver channels. No time to edit these days, can't devote the attention.

    Will be 8 years sole caregiver as of this Easter.

    ReplyDelete